PINEVIEW HOMES is a private, non-profit, state-licensed institution.
It operates a structured residential care program for 37 boys ages eight
Pineview is located on 130 acres near Evart in
central lower Michigan.
- The Pineview program is designed to touch on the major elements of boys' lives. Counseling, Education, Moral Training, Recreation, and Work are used to accomplish this.
- The type of child accepted at Pineview is:
**Low and Open Medium Secure
- Because of the open campus and informal atmosphere at Pineview, we do not favor the admission of the chronic runaway child or the highly aggressive child. Although we are not equipped to service the severely mentally limited, boys with borderline diagnosis seem to relate to the program and benefit from it.
- Length of treatment varies with each client, depending on areas of need, level of motivation, family involvement and the referring agency's wishes.
- Family counseling, once per month, coincides with an off-grounds visit. In addition to this, home visits are scheduled approximately every four to six weeks and last up to 5 nights. We provide transportation for these visits and use them as preparation for reunification.
- We contract with the Department of Human Services
as well as accept clients from Probate Court,
Community Mental Health, adoption agencies and private